Downtown Raleigh – $1,000 Closing Cost Incentive
WHAT: Downtown Raleigh Home Tour
WHEN: Saturday, May 21, 2011
HOURS: 10 am-6 pm
ADMISSION COST: $10 in advance online (available until 5 pm, Friday, May 20)/
$14 (cash or check only) day of the event at the Tour Headquarters, Wachovia Capitol Building courtyard (150 Fayetteville Street)
NO PHYSICAL TICKETS WILL BE ISSUED: A Tour pass (which gives you entry to all of the tour stops) purchased online must be picked up on the day of the event from WILL CALL at the Home Tour headquarters, Wachovia Capitol Building courtyard (150 Fayetteville Street). WILL CALL opens at 9:45 am.
EVENT DESCRIPTION: The DOWNTOWN RALEIGH HOME TOUR is a self-guided tour for the casual browser and the serious shopper. The Tour features a mix of housing styles ranging from contemporary condos at 222 Glenwood located in the heart of the Glenwood South district and sophisticated condos at the iconic RBC Plaza to beautifully restored historic homes to new construction in burgeoning neighborhoods. Communities such as Hue and WEST offer exceptional amenities. Each building and private residence is unique in its character, design and style. The variety of available downtown homes affords young professionals, families, and empty-nesters different choices that suit their style of living.
This Home Tour is much more than an exhibition of homes. This one-day event is an event goer’s gateway to experience the ambience, convenience, and benefits of urban living. Attendees will gain an appreciation for downtown’s walkable and animated streetscape, its first-class arts and cultural venues, and the medley of independently-owned restaurants and unique retail shops. For those who would rather ride, jump on the R-LINE, the FREE downtown circulator, which will put you in close proximity to most homes on the Tour.
We recommend enjoying the Tour at your leisure—stop to shop, eat or drink in one of downtown’s many restaurants and cafes, or stop by Artsplosure—central NC’s premier arts festival held in Moore Square.
CHECK-IN: All attendees must check-in at the Home Tour headquarters at the Wachovia Capitol Building Courtyard (150 Fayetteville Street). The headquarters location will be open on Saturday, May 21 from 10 am-6 pm; however, ticket sales end at 4:30 pm.
PARKING: Due to Artsplosure also taking place at the same time, the most accessible parking deck located closest to the Home Tour headquarters is the Alexander Square parking deck. Parking in this deck is FREE on the weekends. For more information, click here.
For additional parking information, click here. Municipally-owned parking decks will charge a flat fee. FREE on-street parking with no time limit is available in a number of locations, but will be scarce.
Street parking is available at many of the single family homes. Please be respectful of neighbors and do not park in driveways or areas designated as no parking.
$1,000 CLOSING COST INCENTIVE: The Downtown Raleigh Alliance is offering a $1,000 closing costs incentive to the first three event attendees who purchase and close on a home in downtown (see below for specifications) between May 21, 2011 and December 31, 2011. Funding for the incentives made possible by corporate sponsorships.
Rules for Eligibility:
- The candidate must have purchased a ticket to the 2011 Downtown Raleigh Home Tour. The Downtown Raleigh Alliance will record the first and last name of anyone purchasing a 2011 Downtown Raleigh Home Tour ticket. To receive the $1,000 incentive, eligible candidates must show a valid picture I.D. that matches with a name on the 2011 Downtown Raleigh Home Tour list of ticket buyers.
- The home purchased must have been a featured residence or a unit in a featured residential building on the 2011 Downtown Raleigh Home Tour.
- The candidate must close on the home before December 31, 2011 and show documentation of closing. Recipients will be selected on a first come first serve basis based on when the deed is recorded.
- The home purchase must be an arm’s length third party sale.
- All money awarded will be subject to applicable federal and state taxes and similar charges.
- All determination of eligibility and award of incentive shall be made by DRA President and CEO and all such decisions shall be final.
A portion of the admission proceeds will be donated to the Raleigh/Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness.
- Raleigh Real Estate – it’s NOT a buyers market (theraleighmortgageguy.com)
- Restoration Company vs. Contractor/Repairman – 5 things to consider (theraleighmortgageguy.com)
- $7,500* Down Payment Assistant for Raleigh North Carolina first-time home buyers (theraleighmortgageguy.com)
- Buyers Receive up to 3.5% Toward Closing Costs from Fannie Mae! (theraleighmortgageguy.com)